Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Morning Jackpot

One dark, early morning last week, I woke up William for school as usual. I opened the door, flipped on the light, and pleasantly said good morning. He looked HUGE - sprawled out across his "new" double bed, making it look more like a toddler's bed.

I try my best to make mornings run smoothly. They can be hectic and frustrating at times. But with the help of coffee and a little prep work, we can usually enjoy a hassle free start to the day.

So after rubbing his back for a second our mostly one-sided conversation went something like this.....

Me: Ok buddy, time to get up and hop in the shower.

WP: groan

Me: I already started the water....so it should be good and hot for you.
(yes, I realize that this is over the top.....but it seems to get them moving a little faster if they think they are wasting water)

WP: another groan

Me: Oh...after your shower....you might want to shave. I can see a little bit of hair.

In an sorta cheesy unfamiliar voice and without cracking a smile.
WP: Is the man with the brostache invited to this party?

Me: LOL

I found out later that the quote was from a Geico commercial. I googled it....and indeed...it was just as funny as William's version. I'm loving his teenage sense of humor. A smile is worth a lot in the morning....but a laugh is practically equivalent to a million dollars.
Morning jackpot!


No comments:

Post a Comment