
I have always felt a tinge of guilt each time I carelessly tossed a recyclable into - gasp - the garbage. The guilt was at an all time high when someone would innocently ask (holding an empty soda can) if we recycled. Oh, the shame! We knew we were wasteful, we just didn't realize how bad we actually were.
I saw the error of my ways when, over a year ago, we decided to recycle. To our utter amazement, our recycling bin has consistently trumped our now sad empty garbage can. No joke....we know we've had visitors when we throw away a second bag into the trash.
Just recently, I thought I would try my hand at upcycling - only slightly different from recycling or reusing. Upcycling is where you take something that could be recycled or reused, and give it a whole new purpose. It's garbage reincarnated. Check it out!
Halloween 2.0

Empty glass jars repurposed
into fun Halloween lanterns.

Just drop in a glow stick
and
line the walkway to your doorstep.
And in the end......really, only my time was
wasted!
All I can say is..... it is about time. Those wonderful and dear friends left behind in VA still recycle, reuse, but have not really done the whole upcycling thing yet. Love the lanterns - again, thanks for the Pinterest and as for Williamsburg, they would be sooo jealous!!! xoxo - Suz
ReplyDelete