Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Happy Fall

According to Gail King (I'm not sure where she gets all of her information, but I'm sure she has good intel) Fall officially begins today at 11:09 pm. So in the spirit the season - I was happy to pull out a can of pumpkin. So many wonderfully delicious treats come from this orange fruit!?! Just the smell makes me happy! Starbucks jumped the gun a few weeks ago with my favorite - the pumpkin spice latte! I find myself thinking of reasons to go out just to get one of those savory liquid treats. I've narrowed it down to a tall, no whip, 2 pump psl. It doesn't matter though - because yesterday, I learned the sugar content and it ain't good. Lets just say - no more quick errands for me.

Instead I surprised the kiddos with this after school treat!
A nice substitute for this sugars addict (me - not David).
Happy Fall everyone!

PS - I am no "Martha Stewart" OR "Dana Henessey".
It was a lot easier than it looks....but just as yummy!

2 comments:

  1. Wow - it looks great and very tasty!! So my question - can you blog the recipe? And send me some pumpkin? We have none in the state of VA..... I am excited you are already into fall - it was 92 degrees today, sweating like a you know what!
    Smooches to everybody - Suz

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can imagine how disappointed I was to come home to that piece of art having been completely demolished by the children and other parts making their way to the neighbors. I was crushed! NO CAKE FOR YOU! Anyway, I was treated to Janet's second cake this past weekend. Now I understand why it didn't stay around long. It was gone by the next morning. YUMMY!

    ReplyDelete